Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Do you still have no faith?

Today while driving I yelled at the top of my lungs at God. I have had trouble sleeping the past two nights and I am hyper sensitive/grumpy/exhausted. The physical aspects are one thing, but I think that I am spiritually in unison with the physical. I took benadryl to help me sleep and I woke up feeling out of it. This has continued throughout the day. I just got finished dropping off some cd's to my friend who is a chaplain at CCA(jail) and drove down college ave. heading north. I was listening to Lecrea(christian rap artist) and noticed how stone cold angry I was. "I am not supposed to be angry like this," I told myself. I struggle with lust and I have been feeling very frustrated and condemned from patterns of thinking and behavior. As I was driving a brief moment of clarity broke through like when the sun breaks through the clouds after a brief rain in the spring and I realized how much I was believing the lies of the enemy. Satan truly comes to steal, kill, and destroy. I feel robbed of joy, dead inside, and like I am internally on the edge of destruction. In reality things are not that bad, but oh how good the enemy is at creating lies and accusations that bring us to the point of hopelessness. In the midst of the storm in my heart I know Jesus was asleep on the cushion as I yelled at the top of my lungs,"Help me, where are you?" I seriously probably freaked someone out around 15th and College. I immediatly realized after I yelled that God can handle it and that He wanted to take me through the storm and not necessarily yank me out of it. My prayer changed to,"God bring me through this, teach me, and make me stronger." "Even the winds and the waves obey Him," said the terrified disciples. I often just want God to rebuke the wind and the waves so that I can have smooth calm sailing, but I, just like the disciples, wonder why God is not doing something about it right away. Assuming that He does not care because there is no immediate deliverance. Jesus' response to their cry out is a question that leads to a rehashing of all the other times He was there to help you. "Why are you so afraid, do you still have no faith?" He is almost like,"I have been walking with you all this time, performed miracles, raised the dead, cleansed leppers, fed the multitudes on scraps, cast out demons, restored sight to the blind, and you still have no faith? Do you still have no faith?

1 comment:

Christie.McNabb said...

loved when you told me this story in person. love it even more in your writing. also really appreciated what Roberto said in the other post...good stuff. keep it up. :)