Friday, December 3, 2010

15The LORD has taken away His judgments against you,
He has cleared away your enemies.
The King of Israel, the LORD, is in your midst;
You will fear disaster no more.

16In that day it will be said to Jerusalem:
“Do not be afraid, O Zion;
Do not let your hands fall limp.

17“The LORD your God is in your midst,
A victorious warrior.
He will exult over you with joy,
He will be quiet in His love,
He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy.


I friggin love these verses. In verse 16 Zephaniah says,"Do not let your hands fall limp." I picture myself defeated, beat up, exhausted, and about to lose all confidence. Then the encouragement of God being in our midst who is always victorious. He then shows how God delights in us and is quiet in His love. I love that as well. I was thinking how I get all those loud thoughts going through my head, the worry, and the frustrations I face that sometimes seem to come out of nowhere. A love that quiets, then the next verse rejoicing with shouts of joy. Shouts of joy because we are His beloved.

No comments: