Friday, November 6, 2009

2 things.

I have seen people in addiction who I think might be demon possessed. This may be a very controversial subject for some, but if there was any doubt in my mind that it existed(there was not) then it would have been done away with the other day. I was sitting at my friends house writing my brother an email and I saw their gate fly open. A kid was running in with his hands behind his back. I said hello to him, thinking nothing of it because they have kids coming in and out all of the time. Well, this kid looked at me crazy, said something crazy in Spanish, then he spit on his hands and threw it at me. He did the same to Jared and continued running. His hands were actually bound behind him and he still managed to spit on them and fling it at us. Laura, the woman's house we were at yelled at us to go get him he was demon possessed. I froze, Jared ran, then I ran. It was pretty sad and shocking. Jared carried him out of the house down to his house. His mother was out in the street looking for him. I heard that they keep him tied down because if they don't he goes crazy. He used to be a perfectly fine kid. I think he may have been 11 years old or so. It was pretty clear that the normal kid was gone and something else was going on. Not sure that there is anything exactly identical in the bible, but it sure reminded me of a couple stories of Jesus or His disciples' encounters.

Next, I went with the program director of Casa De Amor into the jungle yesterday. We were given a piece of land, about 2 acres worth in the jungle. Myself, Jimmy(program director), another guy from the program, along with the man who donated the land all went about 10-15 miles into the jungle with machetes clearing the jungle out. It was so humid, but it was a blast. I thought that I was going to see a snake or get bit by one. Thank God I didn't. I prayed before I went in. We cleared quite a bit of land and we were able to see what we might be able to do. There is a man in Quepos, where the program is, that has drawn up plans for the area. I have not seen them, but it sounds like there will be some hut style places where guys can stay. There is electricity as well. There is a wood mizer that is currently sitting in customs here in Costa Rica. We are just waiting on money to be able to get it. Everyday it sits in customs it costs 10 bucks or so and it costs about $4,700 to get it out. It is a $20,000 piece of equiptment that will do a lot for the program and teach the guys a trade.

No comments: